I went up to Kellyville, and took a walk around. I looked at Masterton, Jandson, Rawson, etc, but ended up with a shortlist of 4.
- Beechwood Homes
- McDonald Jones Homes
- Wincrest Homes
- Eden Brae Homes
- They had gone into receivership about 18 months ago.
- They said they would have a tender within 3 weeks. That was just way too long for me and they still had nothing after 3 weeks. Other builders were putting them together in 1-2 weeks.
- The House design I was looking at, although nice was dated. I initially liked the idea of a formal lounge and dining, but after talking to some of my work colleagues who had recently built, they told me they never use the formal areas of their house.
- They had also gone into receivership about 12-18 months ago.
- The tender lacked some detail, and was way overpriced in my opinion.
- Living space seemed small compared to others.
- Lack of experience in Sydney
- Design seemed to have small living areas.
- They build in the estate I am going to build in. They know the requirements of the developer, so should be quicker and easier.
- I liked the design of their Rear Bedroom home. Went up to Kellyville to look at the house, although that has the main bed to front. Fell in love with the Bi-Fold Doors.
- The fact that they include the "extras" that other builder's don't, ie the Basix, Site Costs, Driveway and Footpath's, etc. The other builders give you a "base" price and then start to add all the "extra" things you are going to need. So all I ended up needing to do was add the extra things that I wanted.
No comments:
Post a Comment